Monday, September 22, 2008

First Post

As my profile says, I am a knitter, spinner and weaver!

So, this month I finished the Booby Socks (yarn=Trekking Sport in pink). I really liked knitting these socks, however I think the guage is too loose - I like my socks to be firm. I can't add a photo of the project because I wore them before I took a photo and I haven't washed them yet (waiting for a full load)! As soon as I take a photo, I'll post it.

I cast on Coriolis, Pattern from New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One by Cat Bordhi, with Trekking XXL, color 165. I am almost ready to start the short rows for my heel. And, by the way, check out the cute little container for the sock project! it's an "Any Kine" Caddy!

Coriolis (Cat Bordhi) Coriolis (Cat Bordhi)

I also started a woven throw/shawl (you'd have to fold it in half to use as a shawl, but I'm making it thin enough to do that). I'm calling it Coffee and Cream. It is a plaid using 4 colors that remind me of coffee and cream, woven using my Spriggs 5-foot Adjustable Square Frame Loom from Carol Leigh's Hillcreek Fiber Studio.

Coffee and Cream Throw Coffee and Cream Throw

That's all I've done with any fiber. I've not spun in a while - I'm in a bit of a spinning funk I guess, because I do love to spin! I hope my funk ends soon.

I've started listening to podcasts, which I'm liking. It breaks up my listening to audio books, which I really love doing while working with fiber!

One of my dogs, Jimmy James, was diagnosed with kidney failure in June. He was given a few weeks to live at that point - I am happy to say that he is still alive and doing much better!! I spend a lot of my time with him, more so than the rest of my dogs, monitoring his eating, drinking, bowel/urine functions plus giving meds and hydrotherapy. In addition, I am more consumed with cuddling with him than ever before because I'm afraid every day will be his last.

No comments: